Stonehouse in Bloom identity
Stonehouse in Bloom is a community group, set up and run by volunteers. The group competes annually in the Heart of England in Bloom competition and has successfully won Silver (2016), Silver Gilt (2017), Gold and Small Town category (2018).
All of the fantastic efforts resulted in success again in 2019’s Heart of England in Bloom awards. They won the Small Town category, were re-awarded a Gold Medal and are now in the National Finals for Britain in Bloom.
Britain in Bloom is a year-round competition that allows groups to compete on a regional (Heart of England in Bloom) or national level by using gardening to transform their communities.
Groups choose to do activities that benefit their local area. This might include:
• Greening up a grey and disused space with local people
• Creating and caring for public community gardens
• Inspiring people from across the community to enjoy the benefits of gardening
• Helping to create school gardens and school food-growing initiatives
• Sowing wildflower meadows, wildlife habitats and maintaining conservation areas
To help promote the National Finals campaign, and so that a simpler identity could be used on clothing by volunteers involved, a new identity was needed. The identity will be rolled out on some new branded clothing and across all publicity material.